Saturday, September 12, 2009

Passion Rejected, Lovers Scorned

The rhythmic pounding
Incessant beating
Time keeping
Sound of
My heart

Steeped deep in confusion
Dark grief muddies
The gentle water of hope in my soul

Passion strong
Intent wistful
My soul hopes in vain
Searches
Longing to find
My love

Target locked
You are the one
Fire starter of my being
Tempered expectation
Fevered crescendo of adoration erupts
Engulfing my singular frame

Without warning
Unprepared I enter
This realm of emotion
Meant for the heart strong
Like a babe
I steady myself
First steps of passion
Embracing unknown terrain

Flames inhaling flesh
Sweet enticing visions
Of togetherness

Restrained heat sultry arms
Stealing away lovers at night
Caution left behind for
Forbidden pleasure

Passion rejected
Lovers scorned
Why can’t we
Be together?

© Chaile Divine, 2009
August 15

No comments: