Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hope



Ugh, there she blows
there it goes again
Hope, not my friend
rearing its ugly head

how you tease me
making me look ahead
then you leave me
filling my life with dread

and i want to give up
only to give in to you
why you treat me hope
the way you do

sometimes i love you
hold you close to me
then in horror my hands empty
as you rip yourself away from me

hope i need you
hope i ask you
please don't go away

reality finds me hoping
and hoping often
through out the day

i asked for peace i asked for joy
i asked for happiness
and i got hope to keep the time
until these come to pass

but hope you're like the waves
of sea, bobbing in and out of my life
and when i think you're gone for good
you wash back in clearing away the strife

and like a beacon you
help me stand and hold on for
what I need

but sometimes dear hope
the agony i feel
makes me want you far away from me

why hope when all hope is gone
and last hope was only hopeless
and again grief finds me
filled with tears
and doubt and sorrowed heart

hope dear hope i pray and pray
and my sorrow and tears remain
then my childish soul forgets again
and before i know it, oh no

there she blows
there it goes again
hope comes back to me

© Chaile Divine, 2008
November 5

No comments: