Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Sigh



I asked, do you still wanna hang out
just tell me yes or no
for a while he was silent
then I heard
The sigh

long expression of breath
wrapped in words left unsaid
that sigh was so heavy
it got stuck in my head

and I thought to myself
oh why me again

you see it started so simply
the way he led me on
said he wanted to see me
pleading like a love song

but the thing was he'd only
sing this melody but unfortunately
leave all the rest up to me

to plan and decide
where we'd meet and abide
and to make all the calls
cause he made none at all

and so funny like that
these words he'd repeat
oh boy it'd be good
for you, me to meet

he'd say lets get together
even for the weather
lets spend sometime
maybe have lunch and dine

after so much repeats
i was ready to meet
and i did what i could
just to make it all good

and then i called him
and I heard the sigh

so cut to the core
this sigh had me raw
breaking me down like
no sigh had before

to me this sigh said
i'd rather be in bed
i wish you'd leave me alone
and not call my phone

i never meant that we
should actually meet
i just said those words
so maybe i'd see some teats

so i got what i want
and now i don't want you
i thought you'd get it by now
i never want to see you

so i've left it
alone and i'm walking away
from this man who
prefers to lie and to play
with my beautiful heart
wrapped up in heavenly love
cause i really thought
there might be something for us

but i now know the truth
not from what he said
but from that wordless sigh
that he'd rather hang up the phone
and head back to bed

© Chaile Divine, 2008
November 12

No comments: